1. Place 5 soap nuts in a muslin bag and tie closed.
2. Place laundry and muslin bag of soap nuts in your washing machine. Following the instructions on your garment tags select the temperature and type of wash cycle that is best for the fabric.
3. At the end of the wash cycle, remove from the washer the muslin bag of soap nuts and set aside. Allow to dry or if needed, wash another load.
4. You can use new soap nuts for up to 10 washes or until they start to disintegrate.
5. When soap nuts look dried out or are disintegrating, empty muslin bag and use soap nuts in garden compost.
Soap Nut Liquid
1. Add 10 – 15 soap nuts to 1 liter of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Let et cool then strain into a container
3. Add desired essential oils
Keep in a cool place and injoy! This is a base for a lot of recipes!
1. Make Soap Nut Liquid
2. Add a few squirts of lemon and/or white vinegar to your liquid
3. Add any desire essential
Remember to spot check an area first because some essential oils may stain. This recipe es great for cleaning th kitchen, bathroom, or even cleaning the floors!
Window and Mirror Cleaner
1. Add 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon white vinegar and 1 tablespoon of Soap Nut Liquid Solution to a spray bottle
Shake then spray and wipe on your windows and mirrors. Wipe off with Earth Beybee reusable towels or newspaper
1. Place 5 soap nuts into the cutlery basket of your dishwasher and substitute your Rinse Aid with white vinegar, then turn on your usual wash.
2. Alternatively you can pour some of the Soap Nut Liquid Solution into the detergent dispenser.
For a fresh scent to your dishwasher, either add a few drops of lemon or another citrus essential oil to the rinse aid compartment with the vinegar, or cut a fresh lemon or lime in half and place either in the cutlery tray or somewhere on the top rack of your dishwasher.
Add a 1:1 ratio of your Soap Nut Liquid Solution into a spray bottle and water Use it as a pesticide in the garden! So simple right? This will help get rid of aphids, and other nasties on your veggies and herbs! It also repels ants just add a few drops of eucalyptus or tea tree oil to the solution and spray around the areas where ants are congregating.
Just use your Soap Nut Liquid Solution then add some lemon juice (a few squirts) and a 3 to 4 drops of lavender essential oil then wash your pet as normal. It repels ticks and fleas so they’ll be happy and so will you. You can also spray some of this solution around their bedding to get rid of the nasties!